Woodwright Brand Catalyzed Varnish Performance Specifications
All CIX Direct interior wood furniture is produced using Woodwright brand catalyzed varnish. Woodwright sets the market standard for varnish durability, chemical, and moisture resistance.
Application Procedure for Testing
- Surface — Applied to new samples of clean, dry red oak, q.s. oak, maple or cherry.
- Coating Weight — Two coat system, sprayed at 4-5 wet mils per coat and finished to a dry coat weight of 3.5-4.0 mils.
- Aging — Coated samples were aged at room temperature for 24 hours prior to chemical and cold check testing.
- Cold Check Resistance per Severe Cold Check Standards: Passes 20 cycles with no ﬁlm failure.
- Each cycle consists of: 1 hour at -20°F, next 1 hour at 140° and finally 1 hour at room temperature.
- Moisture Resistance: Exposed to 1,000 gram weight for 15 minutes with and without moisture present.
- Print Test: Exposed to cloth with weight transferring 2psi to the surface. Applied for 24 hours at 77° and 104°F.
|Oil Base Paint||24 Hours||None|
|Lemon Juice||24 Hours||None|
|VM&P Naptha||24 Hours||None|
|Orange Juice||24 Hours||None|
|Red Ink||24 Hours||None|
|Olive Oil||24 Hours||None|
|Cooking Fat||24 Hours||None|
|Grape Juice||24 Hours||None|
|Polish Remover||2 Minutes||None|
|100 Proof Alcohol||1 Hour||None|
|200 Proof Alcohol||24 Hours||*Slight|
|Print Test||77° F||None|
|Print Test||104° F||None|
|Heat Resistance||185° F Dry||None|
|Heat Resistance||185° F Wet||None|
* Possible gloss change
Note: The above tests are based on laboratory evaluations conducted on currently available products and are believed to be reliable. However, due to variances in customer application and use, the manufacturer cannot make any warranties on product functionality.